Recognizing the importance of friendship, in 2011, the General Assembly of the United Nations declared 30th of July as the International Friendship Day, to celebrate the bonds we form with others. Although the first World Friendship Day was proposed by the World Friendship Crusade in 1958, the day has its root in the United States tradition of dedicating a day in honor of friends.
As the World celebrates the International Friendship Day, here are few friendship facts that might interest you.
- In a lifetime, you make 396 friends, but only 1 out of 12 friendships lasts.
- Not having any friends can be dangerous to your health
- It’s the friendship aspect in a marriage that makes it last.
- Your brain reacts the same way when you are in danger and when a friend is
- It is scientifically proven that the company of good friends reduces stress in life.
- Close friends share about 1% of their DNA
- Our best friends are pretty much like us
- Friendship is the emotion babies recognize even before they start walking or talking
While it is true that a day is not enough to celebrate friends and friendship, most Ghanaians are always finding new ways to show their friends how important they are and technology is a big influence on this.
For instance, the bothie feature on Nokia Smartphones has enhanced the way you share moments with your friends:
- The exclusive Dual-Sight mode lets you use both front and back cameras simultaneously for split-screen photos and video
- Both front and rear cameras on our Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 7 Plus Android smartphones are equipped with ZEISS optics, meaning every snapshot moment with your friends becomes a story worth sharing.
The key highlight of the bothie feature on Nokia smartphones is the fact that it affords you the opportunity to share both sides of your stories – your side and your friend’s side.
So, go ahead and celebrate moments with friend. Join the bothie gang!