Yesterday Barclays Bank Ghana launched its Credit Card at Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra. The Barclays Credit card is designed to provide convenience to their cherished customers, giving them a credit line to enable them shop both online and offline. Offering the most competitive rate, the Barclays Credit Card is the only card on the market that caters for the low income earners. The Card also comes with a lot of great deals.
Barclays Credit Card is simply a payment card issued to a customer to enable the customer pay for goods and services from any outlet that accepts card payments or online. It actually gives customers an opportunity to access credit and pay later.
“The needs of our clients including prospective clients keep evolving year in year out in line with both local and international trends. Marketing and Corporate Relations Director of BBG; Nana Essilfuah Boison said. “Our interactions with our clients point to the fact that, there is the need to provide a credit card to make life a bit more comfortable as many countries are now moving towards card payment systems.
“The market for credit card is ripe and being a customer driven bank, we are now in the best position to provide this service to our cherished customers. Customers have the opportunity to spend or pay for their purchases and pay the bank at a later date. They have 55 days interest free access to credit, that is, interest is only charged on unpaid spend after 55 days. Customers also get up to 50% discount from our Alliance partners. (Maxmat, Game, Orca Deco, La Palm Royal Beach Hotel, Holiday Inn and many more partner outlets.”
Why would one choose Barclays Credit card over the other Credit cards?
• Barclays provides the highest interest free period on the market – 55 days. The others provide 45 days and even 40 days in some cases.
• You only pay 5% of whatever you spend and it is the lowest in the banking industry.
• Effective 1st January, all credit card holders will enjoy free travel insurance cover
• Unlike other banks, you need not have cash sitting in your account in order to have a credit card. All you need is to have your salary remitted to a Barclays account and for our Premier customers, keeping your account active will qualify you
• Our credit cards are available to all including low income earners. Other banks require minimum income of GHC3,000 and others as high as approximately GHC13,000
• Barclays credit cards are internationally accepted in over 22 million outlets displaying the visa sign across 150 countries worldwide.
• You earn Worldmiles every time you use your Platinum Credit card to pay, which can then be redeemed for free airline tickets to any choice destination.