Stories on Neymar and his potential world record move to Paris Saint-Germain are dominating the rumour mill, and one of many reports today says that three Barcelona players have pleaded with the Brazilian to try and get him to remain at the Nou Camp.
The £196 million move was first reported on Monday evening by everyone’s favourite transfer guru provider Di Marzio and it’s seriously gathered pace since then.
The Brazilian media followed up on it, with Marcelo Bechler of Esporte Interativo, reporting that the 25-year old is said to have accepted PSG’s proposal in what would be a mindblowing transfer.
In addition, MARCA are reporting that Neymar will sign a record-breaking six-year deal at the Parc Des Princes.
Meanwhile Catalán outlet Mundo Deportivo say that Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez are desperate to keep the ‘MSN’ trident strong and along with defender Gerard Pique, have been pleading with Neymar to reject the advances from PSG and remain at the Nou Camp.
It’s detailed that the conversations have taken place at the club’s pre-season training base in New Jersey as they gear up for the new season under new boss Ernesto Valverde – with Pique said to be ‘insisting’ Neymar sticks around.
Constant speculation certainly didn’t affect Neymar last night, as he starred for the Blaugrana in their opening International Champions Cup game, scoring twice in a 2-1 win over Champions League finalists Juventus at Metlife Stadium.
The second goal was quite possibly one of the best the Brazilian has ever scored, and is primary evidence for just why those at Barcelona are praying that he does not move onto pastures new.
Picking up the ball just inside the Juventus box, Neymar jinked his way through a series of challenges from the Bianconeri backline, beating a total of five players with his supreme dribbling ability – and then supplying a composed finish past Gianluigi Buffon to complete the sensational solo goal.