The number of billionaires in Africa – and the size of their fortunes – continues to drop. On this year’s list, FORBES is only including African billionaires living in Africa, instead of featuring Africa’s 50 richest people. There are 21 billionaires! Here are the Top 10 African billionaires living in Africa.
Find out who compose of the African Elite.Find out how they made their money and where they sit on the leaderboard.
1. Aliko Dangote – CEO Dangote Group
2. Nicky Oppenheimer & Family – Former Chairman, De Beers
3. Mike Adenuga – Founder, Globacom
4. Johann Rupert & Family – Chairman Compagnie Financiere Richemnt
5. Christoffel Wiese – Chairman, Pepkor
6. Nassef Sawiris – CEO Orascom
7. Naguib Sawiris – Former CEO Orascom Telecom
8. Isabel Dos Santos – Investor
9. Issad Rebrab & family – Founder Cevital
10. Mohammed Mansour – Chairman Mansour Group