Drake’s newest release, More Life, has only been out since Saturday and it’s already broken two Spotify records.
On its first full day of availability, More Life was streamed 61,302,082 times, surpassing Ed Sheeran’s Divide for first-day album streams.
Drake also broke the record on Sunday for single-day artist streams, with 76,355,041 streams.
Notable among the records is “Nothings Into Somethings” which had some production works from Nabeyin Panford.
Here are ten things you should about Nabeyin!
- I never was able to visit Ghana much. Every time my mom decided to go it would be during the school year. Anytime she decided to go in the summer I would go with her. I should be back out there later this year. I was born in San Bernardino, ca.
- The transition between track and music was pretty easy. Track was taking up a lot of my time and I didn’t get to do music as much as I wanted. Once I decided to stop training professionally I put all of the extra time into music and school.
- I’m inspired by a lot of different things. Mainly colors and other producers that I listen to.
- I landed my MMG placement with Isa Muhammad. I produced the morning side track on his debut mixtape. I co-produced wet Aquafina on Tinks project with DJ Wes and contraband.
- The MMG placement happened through DJ Kid Fresh. He was telling producers to send him beats for a big opportunity. A month later he told me my beats was circulating through MMGs camp. I was confused at first because I completely forgot I even sent kid fresh a batch of beats lol. Then a few weeks go by and he tells that Isa Muhammad is using that joint for his project. The Tink placement was all through my boy DJ Wes. He had wanted me to play some keys on it and I did. Next thing I know he tells me we made it on her project.
- I’ve yet to meet or talk to drake or 40. Hopefully that changes soon lol. That beat was originally for g4shi, but I guess he passed on it. The homies Nizzy and Farsi aka Wallis Lane and I were worked on that joint. Didn’t hear anything about it for months after I did my part. Then they sent it to Gy. Ro to do his thing and him and Nizzy worked on the record even more.