General Manger of YFM, Ms Naa on Tuesday’s edition of Ryse N Shyne reviewed Yaa PONO’s performance at the just ended YFM Area Codes Jam!
Ms Naa who doubles as the host of Ryse N Shyne between 6am and 9am touching on the ‘Amen’ hitmaker’s performance reviewed;
“People were wondering how we were going to pull this off… Yaa PONO and Shatta Wale on the same stage? We are professionals and Yaa PONO and Shatta are professionals too.
“Yaa PONO came on, did his thing, the energy he brought on stage was super. At one point of the jumping around, he jumps back stage, he didn’t come down by the stairs, he went pass the LED screens behind him and jumped off the stage, and I was wondering who ends a show like that. He went in and did a quick wardrobe change and came back on stage. Took off his short and performed the diss song and it was a “problem”!
“Because there was fans screaming in excitement and there were a couple of SM fans who were not too amused. I think at some point someone tried throwing things on stage but the military and Norkus were on point and that was squashed immediately. It didn’t stop the performance at all. He was super lit!
1. Yaa PONO mounted the stage with the instrumental of Fugees’ “Ready or Not”
2. His entrance was elaborate. The crowd went crazy when he finally appeared on stage!
3. He brought his whole team. Wanlov, Panji, Sugar Kwame, Joe Black, two stand by personal security and a little extras in smock.
4. His set was at 10pm but he wrapped up before the hour mark.
5.He run behind the stage to change his trousers in between his set.
6. He mounted the stage with a local fabric inspired trousers but ended with what looked like a jeans.
7. He performed his ‘Gbee Naabu’ record!
8. Some SM fans heckled him in between his set.
9. A couple of water bottles were thrown unto the stage (The security shut that down before it gained momentum).
10. A lot of the SM fans kept showing him SM branded merch and he had to acknowledge them at some point.
11. The SM fans also made a song for PONO with lots of unprintable words! 😉