General Manager of YFM, Ms Naa on Tuesday’s edition of Ryse N Shyne reviewed Shatta Wale’s performance at the just ended YFM Area Codes Jam!
Naa Adzorkor Addo who doubles as the host of Ryse N Shyne touching on the ‘Shatta City’ hitmaker’s performance said;
“Shatta arrived earlier than his call time waiting very politely in his fleet of Range Rovers. He and his entire team were set and they got their own police and everything waiting.
“So Shatta sends his people to tell us to clear the stage, that means everybody including YFM DJ’s, Technicians, and more. The only people he wanted up there was his DJ, Photographer, and his security by the stairs and he was ready to go but Jupitar shows up and we were like if someone was here before his call time then you need to call on him.
“So Jupitar and Shatta had a conversation in Shatta’s car and because the stage had been cleared, whoever connected whatever killed the sound. So he did acapella but it was sorted out before Shatta came on.
“Shatta is such a contradiction. We were just watching him and we were having such a good time. Shatta will stop and preach, he will talk about how he talks to God, God’s blessings, how his fans should have vim and talk to God. He tells us how nothing can stop us… It was a victorious sermon from the church… Just after that, he will segue into ‘Womaami——‘ using all the cuss words you can find.
“It was so funny and fun , he is just one heck of a performer. I don’t remember which song [Long Time (Etse)] it was but he will fall and get up and it was too lit and fun. We enjoyed ourselves!”
1. He mounted the stage a little after 12am.
2. He entered with ‘Shatta City’ and the crowd went beserk.
3. The usual push of barricades to get closer to the SM boss at every Shatta event happened but the security together with Shatta’s men kept the ecstatic fans in check.
4. Shatta’s security was a bit more vigilant than usual. It was an outdoor show and was understandable.
4. Shatta took time out to address issues about his career, music, recalcitrant fans, motivation, the music industry.
5. He came in all white sweatshirt and pants.
6. He performed ‘Say Fi’.
7. The SM fans composed a song for Yaa Pono at the venue.
8. Shatta did more than hour set!