Award winning Dancehall act Shatta Wale has been on top of his game since 2013.
From rebranding from Bandana to Shatta Wale, here are twenty interesting facts about the multiple hit factory.
- Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr. was born on born 17 October 1984.
- Shatta Wale changed his name from Bandana to launch his second coming.
- He produces most of his music under the name Da’ Maker.
- He is best known for his biggest breakthrough hit song Dancehall King which led to winning the Artiste of the Year at the 2014 edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
- Shatta Wale acted in Shattered Lives (movie) along side Bisa K’dei and Majid Michel.
- Charles attended Winneba Secondary School.
- He was popularly known as ‘Ayoz’ in Winneba Secondary School.
- His break out hit was “Bandana from Ghana” in 2004.
- He took a nine year break and returned with Dancehall King in 2013.
- He now leads the Shatta Movement Empire.
- In 2013, He was nominated in one award category and he lost it.
- In 2014, He was nominated in 17 award categories and he won 12.
- In 2015, he was nominated in 7 award categories and he won 2.
- In 2016, He has been nominated in 26 award categories so far and he won 10 with 15 pending.
- He has two children.
- His first child is six years.
- He is traditionally married to Shatta Michy, the mother of his second child Majesty.
- He charges GHC 60,000- GHC 150,000 per show!
- He claims he quit smoking weed 4 years ago.
- He hasn’t spoken to Bulldog since the parted ways two years ago.